Organizing to get Something Done

Knowing the truth about the Kennedy Assassination is understanding America today.

Moderators: kenmurray, dankbaar, Bob, Dealey Joe

Re: Organizing to get Something Done

Postby bobspez » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi Dan, Thanks for keeping this discussion going. Since you gave your background I'll give mine too. I was born in Brooklyn, my Dad was an infantry sergeant in WWII who fought in major battles in Italy, the Battle of the Bulge, and the defeat of the Nazi's in Germany. My mther was a Serbian displaced person whose father, a civil servant with the forestry service, had been killed by the Communist Partisans in 1941 over failure to participate in a strike, during the German occupation of Serbia, and my Mom and her two sisters fled to Germany to work in defense plants as guest workers for the duration of the war. They were subject to bombing of the plants by allied forces on a frequent basis towards the end of the war, and the deterioration of camp life as the Germans started to lose the war. Every morning co-workers killed during the bombings failed to show up at breakfast, and they moved from camp to camp as the bombings intensified. With the liberation my Mom got a job working for the military government as a waitress in the army mess hall, and my Dad fell in love at first sight and married her and brought her and her sisters to Brooklyn to live. My parents split up when I was in kindergarten and my mother suffered from PTSD and mental problems her whole life until she decided to stop eating and die at the age of 85.

I attended Catholic school through the 9th grade, relocated to California with my Mom, got a political science degree from UCLA, finished a year of law school before deciding the law wasn't for me, moved back to Brooklyn, got married and raised a family. I worked at 3 major corporations and retired 10 years ago. In my mid 40's I became a UNIX sys admin and DBA, and did that job until I retired at 62.

In regard to why I made the comments I did, it's because it seems to me that people are chasing their tails trying to convince people of the assassination facts. Most people can recognize intuitively what happened, a coup d'etat to allow the military industrial complex to escalate and profit off a war that lasted another 10 years after the assassination. I think most people believe this. The details are not really all that important. There's good guys and bad guys and the bad guys (oil guys, FBI, CIA, mafia, Nixon, Johnson) wroked together, got it done and covered it up. End of story. In my mind, this is almost a mirror image of 911 and the ensuing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Same people, same motivations, same modus operandi. It also is the same as decades of American political interference around the world. Same guys, same motivations, same modus operandi. And when I heard Bill Maher talking about our enemies the evil Russians last night on TV, I thought to myself. That SOB, I'll bet he's a CIA asset. Control the opposition by having them report to you.

The fact is people are aware of evil but choose not to confront it if they don't have to. Living in Bensonhurst for 11 years in the 70's and early 80's, the mob was everywhere, embedded in every business and enterprise, legal and illegal in the community. It was an acceptable fact of life and if you were a civilian you didn't get involved and were left alone. I was even witness to a murder on a street corner around midnight, waiting for a bus. I was ignored and after my legs stopped shaking, I walked away and turned down the corner to safety. That's pretty much the attitude of all those who realize the corruption that is part and parcel of society. Find your own niche, don't make waves, and be left alone to survive for yourself and your family.

As I said, there is not a problem of letting the truth be known. Every adult in our society except those who close their minds as an act of religion or patriotism, knows the score. The problem is there is nothing we can do about it. Sure we can protest, write books, go on talk shows, but the establishment is stacked against us. They own the police, the government, the armed forces, the media, the courts, the corporations. They create the laws to benefit themselves and use government as a tool of self protection and enrichment. The average person can make a decent life for themselves by serving the interests of the rulers. But they can't get away with working against those interests.

The establishment takes an active interest through the news media of shaping public opinion through propaganda. They can brainwash the public to support wars, wholesale murder, suppression of rights, and rampant injustice. A person in my family was falsely accused of a crime and arrested a few years ago. They were innocent. It cost me $13,000 to hire a top lawyer who negotiated a plea deal with an assistant DA which resulted in a fine and community service and an expunged record. The alternative was to take a chance with a jury and face 10 years in prison for 3 felonies. Is this justice? No. Was JFK's murder justice? No. Which do you think had the greatest impact on me? The assassinations of JFK, RFK, MLK, informed my view of politics and the society we lived in. The first vote I ever cast was for RFK in the California primary, and two days later he was dead. The arrest of a family member made those views up front and personal. It showed me just how much power I had through money and how little power I had to get justice.

Do I regret the state of the government? Yes, but as far as I know governments have always been corrupt. The rest is a fairy tale. My Mom told me of a parade in Serbia where someone shouted "Down with the King" and a Serbian mounted officer in full uniform got off his horse and stomped the man to death with the general approval of the onlookers. Years later it was my grandfather who was beaten to death for just wanting to go to work and get a paycheck from the German occupation government. I tend to view it as a never ending tale where evil continually triumphs except for within the people who have a conscience, know right from wrong, treat others as they wish to be treated. These people, like myself can make the best of a bad situation, but except for controlling their own actions, cannot change the larger picture.
bobspez

Previous

Return to Who shot JFK, and why?