WILLEM L. OLTMANS REPORTING ON THE JFK ASSASSINATION:

Knowing the truth about the Kennedy Assassination is understanding America today.

Moderators: kenmurray, dankbaar, Bob, Dealey Joe

WILLEM L. OLTMANS REPORTING ON THE JFK ASSASSINATION:

Postby Bruce Patrick Brychek » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:50 am

08.19.2017:

Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:

I HAVE A VERY FOCUSED AND CONTINUALLY NARROWING INTEREST LEVEL IN THE REMOVAL'S OF JFK, MX,
MLK, AND RFK, VIET NAM, LAOS, CAMBODIA, THE OKLAHOMA BOMBING, 09.11.2001, FALSE FLAGS, THE
SECRET STATE, THE SECRET GOVERNMENT, THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITIES, AND THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL
CORPORATIONS.

I HAVE VIRTUALLY ZERO PERSONAL INTEREST ANYMORE IN ANY OF THE DETAILS OF THE MINOR PLAYERS, AND
THE SMALL POTATOES ARGUMENTS AND ISSUES AFTER NEARLY 54 YEARS OF OBFUSCATION FROM ALL SIDES, BOTH
INTENTIONAL, AND UNINTENTIONAL.

I AM INTERESTED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SECRET STATE, THE SECRET GOVERNMENT, THE INTELLIGENCE
COMMUNITIES, AND THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL CORPORATIONS FROM THE ENDING OF WORLD WAR II, 1945, TO
AND THROUGH TODAY.

HOWEVER, I ALWAYS RESPECT AND REVIEW MANY SUBJECT MATTERS THAT I PERSONALLY CONSIDER TANGENTIAL,
WHILE RESPECTING THE OPINIONS AND WORKS OF SINCERE ANALYST'S, READER'S, RESEARCHER'S, STUDENT'S, AND
WRITER'S OF JFK AND ALL RELATED SUBJECT MATTERS.

MICHAEL CALDER, WHO WROTE "JFK vs. CIA," WHO IS ALSO A LONG TIME PREMIERE MEMBER HERE ON THE JFKMS
FORUM, IS A DEDICATED, SINCERE AUTHOR.

TOMMY WILKENS, WHO IS ALSO A DEDICATED, SINCERE AUTHOR, IS A HIGHLY VALUED MEMBER HERE ON THE JFKMS
FORUM, AND AN EXCELLENT CONSISTENT, CONTRIBUTING MEMBER.

TOMMY WILKENS IS OUR RESIDENT EXPERT ON BOTH WILLEM L. OLTMANS, AND GEORGE DE MOHRENSCHILDT. I
SINCERELY HOPE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS BOTH OF INTEREST AND VALUE TO TOMMY, AND THAT HE CAN WALK
US THROUGH IT WITH HIS INSIGHT AND OPINIONS. (08.19.2017, BB).

ELLIOTT ON OUTMANS, "REPORTING ON THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION:"
Elliott on Oltmans, 'Reporting on the Kennedy Assassination'

Author:
Willem L. Oltmans
Reviewer:
Oliver Elliott

Willem L. Oltmans. Reporting on the Kennedy Assassination. Edited by Michael A. Rinella. Translated by David Stephenson.
Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2017. 384 pp. $34.95 (cloth), ISBN 978-0-7006-2378-5.

Reviewed by Oliver Elliott (Independent scholar (PhD, London School of Economics))
Published on H-FedHist (August, 2017)
Commissioned by Andrew Gawthorpe

The publication of a book examining the assassination of President John F. Kennedy would not normally generate much
excitement among within the historical profession. Since the 1960s, and particularly in the wake of Oliver Stone’s 1991 film
JFK, which popularized the idea of a high-level government conspiracy to murder Kennedy, hundreds, if not thousands, of
books have been published offering scandalous new theories as to how and why he met his tragic end in Dallas in November
1963. Few of these books, however, have been taken seriously by professional historians. Although there are certainly
unanswered questions surrounding the details of the assassination and the flawed official investigation that followed it, the
mainstream historical consensus remains that Lee Harvey Oswald was a lone gunman acting entirely on his own initiative.

Willem L. Oltmans’s book is not, however, just another conspiratorial history. Instead, it is a memoir, first published in Dutch
in 1977 but presented here in English for the first time, of Oltmans’s experiences reporting on the Kennedy assassination in
the late 1960s and 1970s. A respected Dutch journalist professionally exiled from his home country as a result of his close
links with Indonesia’s postcolonial government, Oltmans found renewed purpose as an investigative reporter in the United
States. After a chance meeting with Oswald’s mother in 1964, Oltmans began doing his own research into the assassination
and befriended several of the key individuals in the case, most notably George de Mohrenschildt, a well-connected Texas-
based oilman who had been friendly with Oswald before the assassination. Much of the book is dedicated to exploring
Oltmans’s struggles to get de Mohrenschildt to talk about the nature of his relationship with Oswald, culminating in 1977
with de Mohrenschildt’s tragic suicide and Oltmans’s testimony to the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

While the book offers no revelations as to what really happened in 1963, it is nonetheless an intriguing case study of how
a relatively esteemed political reporter can be drawn down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. As editor, Michael A. Rinella
explains in the excellent introduction that Oltmans was “swept up in what he considered a historical moment” (p. xxxvi).
Initially a skeptic, Oltmans became convinced that he was closing in on the truth of a grand conspiracy to kill Kennedy,
most likely involving the Central Intelligence Agency. All too often this conviction led him to only hear what he wanted to
hear. When de Mohrenschildt told him that he felt responsible for the Kennedy assassination, Oltmans took it to mean
that he had played a direct role in organizing the assassination. He did not seem to conceive of the rather more mundane
possibility that de Mohrenschildt felt guilty for not having done more to divert Oswald from the path that led him to killing
Kennedy. Nor did he give serious consideration to the question of whether de Mohrenschildt’s growing mental health
problems made him a fundamentally unreliable source. Indeed, although Oltmans never seemed to realize it, the book is
a testament to the profound mental trauma that can occur when ordinary people become caught up in world historical
events.

The book is enhanced by extensive footnotes that provide not just historical context but also paragraph-by-paragraph fact
checking of Oltmans’s original text. Here, it becomes clear that Oltmans saw intrigue and conspiracy everywhere, a by-
product of both his own experience of persecution at the hands of the Dutch establishment and the increasingly paranoid
nature of American society in the 1970s. Throughout the text, he alluded to de Mohrenschildt’s and Oswald’s mysterious
connections to diplomats and intelligence officials. According to Rinella, however, these were greatly exaggerated. Rinella’s
commentary is a vital reminder of the importance of reading primary source material critically; indeed, it should serve as
inspiration and model for other editors seeking to embed fact checking into primary sources.

It is impossible to avoid the question, however, of just who this book is meant for. Rinella suggests that the book will act as
a corrective to the negative perception of Oltmans among the conspiracy research community. Indeed, the last section of
the book makes it clear that his reputation was severely tarnished by a cruel smear campaign in both the American and
Dutch media following de Mohrenschildt’s death. But Oltmans has always been a marginal figure for conspiracy researchers
and Rinella’s critical reevaluation of an almost forty-year-old text seems unlikely to change this. For anyone else not so
invested in the details of the assassination conspiracy, the subject of the book may feel rather obscure. Yet, in an era
increasingly defined by post-truth politics and twitter-borne conspiracy theories, understanding how such conspiracies gain
a foothold in the public consciousness is more important than ever. The contemporary significance of the Kennedy
assassination itself should not be underestimated. In a recent interview with NBC’s Megyn Kelly, Russian President Vladimir
Putin responded to a question over Russia’s alleged role in hacking the 2016 presidential election by drawing a comparison
to the conspiracy surrounding the Kennedy assassination: “There’s a theory that Kennedy’s assassination was arranged by
the United States intelligence services,” Putin said. “So if this theory is correct and that can’t be ruled out, then what could be
easier, in this day and age, than using all the technical means at the disposal of the intelligence services, and using those
means to organize some attacks, and then pointing the finger at Russia?”[1] With world leaders using history in such a
flippant and instrumental manner, books like this one are a vital resource for anyone who cares about truth in public discourse.

Note

[1]. Margaret Hartmann, “Despite Megyn Kelly’s Efforts, Putin Still Won’t Confess to Election Meddling,” NY Mag, June 5, 2017,
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... n-kelly....

Printable Version: http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showpdf.php?id=50278

Citation: Oliver Elliott. Review of Oltmans, Willem L., Reporting on the Kennedy Assassination. H-FedHist, H-Net Reviews.
August, 2017. URL: http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.php?id=50278
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: WILLEM L. OLTMANS REPORTING ON THE JFK ASSASSINATION:

Postby Tommy Wilkens » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:06 pm

I'm sorry for the long delay in my reply to Bruce's post and his direct questions to me.First off I would like to thank Bruce for his words directed towards me and my contributions to our Forum.I just hope I have been able to contribute here and have contributed some of the findings we have learned in our study and research of Willem Oltmans and George de Mohrenschildt.We have been very busy preparing for our trip in October to The Netherlands,Great Britain,Belgium and France.We have several planned meetings with several Publishing Houses in The Netherlands and in France for our manuscript "Walking The Razor's Edge The Dutchman and The Baron". It's been a very exhaustive process getting to the this point with this project.It's taken us over 6 years for this project alone of which has included 3 separate trips to The Netherlands to study first hand the private files and private hand written notes and diaries and the entire 1500 volumes of the Willem Oltmans archives.

Now on to the questions Bruce asked that I might add my insight and opinions on Dr. Elliott's book review of Willem Oltmans investigation of the John Kennedy assassination and his involvement with George de Mohrenschildt.After reading and studying the review by Dr. Elliott I do appreciate his thoughts and his opinion on this long over looked and swept to the side and under the rug investigation by Willem Oltmans that spanned over 10 years is at long last being looked at. I do not agree with Dr. Elliott on all he passed along in his review.Reading the published Willem Oltmans Memoir takes the reader on a journey that exposed the JFK assassination from the eyes of an investigative journalist who formed a close 10 year personal intimate friendship with the most mysteries individual connected to the accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.
Dr. Elliott's review is really a whitewash of Oltmans investigation.From my study of his review it's like a skimming over the top of Oltmans investigation.I found somewhat amusing the ideal that Oltmans was drown down a conspiracy theory rabbit hole a load of bunk.Once you go through Oltmans personal files and his written down notes of what happened what he learned from his investigation you realize early on he knew he was on the right track and he didn't give up he pursued his investigation for over 10 years.That's one long rabbit hole to go down !! I also found amusing the ideal that it was Oltmans who pressured de Mohrenshildt to reveal what had really happened.From Oltmans files and notes and daily diary entries you came away knowing that George de Mohrenschildt had reached a point in his life that he wanted and needed to tell the truth.It was the trust and companionship between the two men that was the key that finally made it possible for de Mohrenschildt to reveal his real hatred for the entire Kennedy family and his hatred for America. Another review accusation that wasn't correct is at no time in the files and notes that we found did George de Mohrenschildt say or imply that he had played a direct role in organizing the assassination.We personally found private notes that said de Mohrenschildt had told Oltmans that yes he and Lee Oswald had talked many times of how John Kennedy could be killed.Another point misleading in the review was the ideal that Oltmans didn't give serious consideration to the question of whether de Mohrenschildt’s growing mental health problems made him a fundamentally unreliable source.Total WHITEWASH here. We found notes that spoke on this matter in depth. de Mohrenschildt knew that someone was trying to alter his memory and stop him from telling what he knew. What better way to screw someones thinking up royally to alter ones memory ? Lets administer several rounds of mind altering chemicals and electrode shock treatments to the brain against your will.Ever heard of "Project Artichoke" ? In the 1960's and early 1970's the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) operated a mind control program called Project Artichoke which later was renamed Project MKULtra .In this project mind altering drugs and electroshock therapy were used by the CIA to alter peoples memory and there actions.Any red flags going up ??? Something sound strange here ??

In a very interesting letter we found in the Oltmans archives dated April 5,1977 we found a personal letter that Oltmans had received from the former lead investigator for the House Select committee Richard Sprague who had been fired from his position on the committee.Reading the typed letter Sprague tells Oltmans that he firmly believes his investigation concerning de Mohrenschildt is credible and that Oltmans was indeed very close to what had really happened behind the scenes in the John F. Kennedy assassination.

Richard Sprague in his letter suggest that there was a very real possibility that George de Mohrenschildt had been mind programmed .In the last months of 1976 de Mohrenschildt had been signed into Parkland Hospitals Psychiatric Ward for treatments for depression . In those treatments which included intro vinous medications and a series of electroshock treatments .The intro vinous medications were ordered and administered by newly hired Dr. Charles Mendoza. And the Electro shock treatments were administered by Dr. Deloach who was first cousin to former FBI assistant director Cartha “Deke” Deloach.

In Richard Sprague's letter he tells of an expert that he located while still investigating the case for the House Select Committee in mind control programming .Saying there was a high probability that George de Mohrenschildt had been mind programmed and pointed out that in the last months of de Mohrenschildt's life he showed all the classic symptoms of post hypnotic suggestions ..He speculated that the intro vinous medications would have been used to drug de Mohrenschildt so he could be easily hypnotized using a mind control program. The electric shock treatments were given to produce pain and a negative sort of effect to penalize de Mohrenschildt for having thoughts they didn't want him to have or to remember. While still in Dallas de Mohrenschildt showed all the symptoms of mind programming. His fear of being killed was one ,his belief that he was being followed and watched was another. That was reinforced by actually having him followed and watched. The next door neighbor who was constantly watching him and his car being mysteriously moved around the Bishop College campus. The purpose of this part of the mind control program was to make de Mohrenschildt appear crazy. He was programmed with the fear that he would be killed. In Oltmans notes Willem records how incredible scared and shaken de Mohrenschildt seemed after he had been discharged from the Parkland Hospital .Recording several times that de Mohrenschildt appeared to be drugged. Shaking scared , almost unrecognizable Oltmans told. The notes revealed that de Mohrenschildt had stated that “they are trying to ruin my memory”.They don't want me to tell what I know. And in the end right before Oltmans and de Mohrenschildt leave the United States for Europe de Mohrenschildt begs Oltmans to help him get out of the United States before they kill him.This is what I mean when I say this review is just skimming over the top.When you really study and research Oltmans files and notes and diaries you see the real story. I found it very amusing that the review talked of an increasingly paranoid nature of the American society in the 1970s. That's a real joke.The American people hadn't grown wise enough or strong enough at that point in our history to believe our own government had and would lie to our faces and expect us all to believe it. And we did."WHITEWASH" plain and simple.It's not over people the review went on to say that Throughout the text, he alluded to de Mohrenschildt’s and Oswald’s mysterious connections to diplomats and intelligence officials.All coincidences I guess.I don't know how much clearer this picture has to get before we see that indeed Willem Oltmans investigation had cracked open a door to one of the individuals who had inside knowledge concerning President Kennedy's murder. In one of the final letters we found from George de Mohrenschuildt to Willem Oltmans de Mohrenschildt wrote that he had a great sadness of what had happened to Lee Oswald and a deep feeling of guilt. He openly had said “what a horrible shame it was that Lee had been put into the position that history had sealed for him”. He was innocent of what he had been accused of and George de Mohrenschildt knew it . For all who have taken the time to read my reply my insight and opinion concerning this review I thank you and hope my contributions here are helpful in our search for the real truth.
Tommy Wilkens

Postby Slav » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Yes we all have to thank Tommy for his hard work that took him around the world and did a fantastic job in bringing forward information that wasn't made public before.

Bruce soon it's going to get ice cold in Chicago you and j should go to Tommy place in the sun and warmer weather for relaxation down in Florida .

Warm weather and warm smiles....
Slav

Postby Tommy Wilkens » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks Slav I appreciate those comments.I hope I have been able to contribute some here on our forum.And concerning our beach front studio apartment.Bruce and Jimmy are very much welcome at our place all they have to do is ask.

IMG_2532.JPG
Tommy Wilkens

Postby Slav » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 pm

That picture is paradise I hope heaven looks as nice .
Slav

Postby Tommy Wilkens » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:06 am

Well Slav I hope heaven is also minus the expenses that go along with owning such a property.I don't really know what your post 's meaning is or I am hoping your post isn't meant to be mean spirited because mean spirit brings mean spirit ???
Tommy Wilkens

Postby Slav » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 am

Tommy there is no mean spirit or Karma in my body, I meant it as a good thing, I can't imagine your expense and maintenance fee condo fee, all is meant to be good in the most positive way possible , you should try Airbnb a friend rents there property and he says he making a killing and busy like crazy and a lot more money than rent with a cleaning fee.

Tommy be positive it's the only way we will servive.

What I meant is the view and your picture is picture perfect and nothing more.
Slav

Postby Tommy Wilkens » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks Slav for clearing that up.Sometimes when things are written it's hard to tell what the real meaning of what's said meant.I do thank you for clearing that up.I always really enjoy your posts here and all you contribute to the Forum.Your first class !!
Tommy Wilkens

Return to Who shot JFK, and why?