Photos From Dealey Plaza

Knowing the truth about the Kennedy Assassination is understanding America today.

Moderators: kenmurray, dankbaar, Bob, Dealey Joe

Photos From Dealey Plaza

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:38 pm

I will be moving from DFW (my home for almost 2 years now) to the DC area in a few weeks. I will spend the next few weekends in Dealy Plaza before I depart my beloved Texas. If anyone has any specific photo requests please let me know - I'll be taking my digital camera to gather even more images for my research.

Forget about Oswald's back yard, the Top Ten Record shop and the Texas Theatre - I don't have a bullet proof vest.
Dan

Postby Bob » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:29 pm

Good luck in your move Dan! I always appreciate the photos you take.
Bob

Thank You!

Postby Dan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:47 am

Thanks Bob! It's good to hear from you!

I'll be house hunting next week - I'm going to have to get used to riding the Metro or to sitting in traffic on 270...and to driving in snow - I haven't driven in snow since January 20, 2005, when we drove through an 8 inch storm in Cincinnatti on our way to Texas from Pittsburgh.

If you have anything in Dealey Plaza that you need a better photo of - just PM or send an email and I'll send the jpegs right back to you. I always have questions about the angles and layout of Dealey Plaza when I read "Pictures of the Pain" - and even though I've been down there a dozen times I still need to refresh myself on the construction of the Bryan Pergola or the on how the railroad bridge connects, etc. That's why I take photos - it helps to see the route behind the pergola that James Files walked - it helps to look in the shelters where I believe the throat shot was fired - even at the South pergola the photos help to show how Plumlee exited. There is so much to capture. It is different now than in 63, but photos help in analyzing some of the witness statements.

Some guy developed a computer program based on the surveys conducted in 63 - I saw him on the History Channel - a lone nutter trying to prove the single bullet theory with his graphics. That program would be so much more useful if available to researchers - imagine being able to walk around a virtual Dealey Plaza as it existed in 63...

I may even venture on up to Parkland hospital - I never made that trip in my almost two years in DFW.
Dan

Return to Who shot JFK, and why?