WILL TRUMP RELEASE THE MISSING JFK FILES ?

Knowing the truth about the Kennedy Assassination is understanding America today.

Moderators: kenmurray, dankbaar, Bob, Dealey Joe

Re: WILL TRUMP RELEASE THE MISSING JFK FILES ?

Postby kenmurray » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:51 pm

kenmurray

Postby Slav » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:48 pm

The unreleased records include CIA files on two senior officers involved in assassinations and four Watergate burglars, as well as the secret congressional testimony of numerous JFK witnesses.

“I hope they will not request any postponement,” Jones said. “We’re talking about something that happened 54 years ago.”

While JFK scholars and journalists have called on Trump to "give us the full story of the JFK assassination," Jones and Grassley are the first elected officials to lend their clout to the cause.

Jones stressed that the JFK Records Act was approved by a vote of 435-0 in October 1992.

“The first President Bush signed this law and everybody in Congress, Republican and Democrat, voted for it,” Jones said.

Jones said he and Grassley plan to thank Bush and enlist the support of all the members of the House and Senate who voted for the JFK Records Act in 1992, including House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)

( I bet bush didn't count on living so long )
Slav

Postby Slav » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:50 am

Slav

Postby bobspez » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 pm

For me lately the question has become why rather than who. If you know the why, the who falls into place. For me the why is the Vietnam War. The military industrial complex and the CIA wanted a big payday that comes with a war. Their previous big payday had been the arms race. They cashed in on the stockpiling of 30,000 H-bombs, the delivery systems, planes, missiles, silos, maintenance, and all the gas and diesel needed to run them and keep them ready to use. But by the end of the Eisenhower administration people were asking if having many times the number of H-Bombs needed to obliterate all life on earth was enough.

After the Cuban missile crisis the military industrial complex needed a new pay day. JFK stood in the way and was eliminated. RFK and MLK poentially stood in the way and were eliminated.

The way I see it, the people who pulled the triggers were less important than the people who pulled the strings. But those people and their successors have controlled and still control US foreign policy, the CIA, the FBI, Homeland Security, the Congress, and the mass media. So if you had an indisputable photograph or movie of George Bush Sr. firing a rifle on the grassy knoll it wouldn't matter. They would just spin it somehow and the majority of people would shrug and move onto the next item on Entertainment Tonight.

Over the last 50 years the public has been fed an overload of differing opinions in order to cloud everyone's judgement. The extreme political divide that has been manufactured has effectively created a stalemate on any change in the system. So when anyone says the majority of the people want change, the media and those in power say it can't be done. The lobbyists and special interests will block it, so we are left with the status quo. And if the change is inevitable they will somehow co-opt it and make money off of it.

An example is marijuana. In most places where recreational or medical marijuana is legal, it's illegal to grow your own. So commerce still gets the major profit, and the state gets the taxes. A product you could grow as cheaply as tomatoes still costs more in the dispensaries than it does on the black market.

The average one hour TV show has anywhere from 50 to 100 commercials. And the average American watches 5 hours of TV per day. Entertainment and news is all soundbytes, quick cuts, and a barage of short pieces. No one can remember any of it. I believe this all feeds the machines of consumerism and maintains the status quo in regard to who is running things. It's mass distraction that amounts to mass hypnosis.

When Obama was elected I predicted nothing would change. I predicted the same when Trump was elected. I defer to Putin's comment that he has been in his position during 4 presidents, Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump (two Democrats and two Republicans). Putin said the faces change but the US foreign policy stays the same. And the foreign policy is there to support the military industrial complex. It keeps wealth and power in the intended hands.
bobspez

Postby Bob » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 pm

bobspez wrote:For me lately the question has become why rather than who. If you know the why, the who falls into place. For me the why is the Vietnam War. The military industrial complex and the CIA wanted a big payday that comes with a war. Their previous big payday had been the arms race. They cashed in on the stockpiling of 30,000 H-bombs, the delivery systems, planes, missiles, silos, maintenance, and all the gas and diesel needed to run them and keep them ready to use. But by the end of the Eisenhower administration people were asking if having many times the number of H-Bombs needed to obliterate all life on earth was enough.

After the Cuban missile crisis the military industrial complex needed a new pay day. JFK stood in the way and was eliminated. RFK and MLK poentially stood in the way and were eliminated.

The way I see it, the people who pulled the triggers were less important than the people who pulled the strings. But those people and their successors have controlled and still control US foreign policy, the CIA, the FBI, Homeland Security, the Congress, and the mass media. So if you had an indisputable photograph or movie of George Bush Sr. firing a rifle on the grassy knoll it wouldn't matter. They would just spin it somehow and the majority of people would shrug and move onto the next item on Entertainment Tonight.

Over the last 50 years the public has been fed an overload of differing opinions in order to cloud everyone's judgement. The extreme political divide that has been manufactured has effectively created a stalemate on any change in the system. So when anyone says the majority of the people want change, the media and those in power say it can't be done. The lobbyists and special interests will block it, so we are left with the status quo. And if the change is inevitable they will somehow co-opt it and make money off of it.

An example is marijuana. In most places where recreational or medical marijuana is legal, it's illegal to grow your own. So commerce still gets the major profit, and the state gets the taxes. A product you could grow as cheaply as tomatoes still costs more in the dispensaries than it does on the black market.

The average one hour TV show has anywhere from 50 to 100 commercials. And the average American watches 5 hours of TV per day. Entertainment and news is all soundbytes, quick cuts, and a barage of short pieces. No one can remember any of it. I believe this all feeds the machines of consumerism and maintains the status quo in regard to who is running things. It's mass distraction that amounts to mass hypnosis.

When Obama was elected I predicted nothing would change. I predicted the same when Trump was elected. I defer to Putin's comment that he has been in his position during 4 presidents, Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump (two Democrats and two Republicans). Putin said the faces change but the US foreign policy stays the same. And the foreign policy is there to support the military industrial complex. It keeps wealth and power in the intended hands.

Well said, Bob. Mark me down as a fool who really thought Barry O would make some real changes. But that was before he named Hillary as his Secretary of State, Rahm Emmanuel as his Chief of Staff, Tim Geithner as his Secretary of the Treasury and Bob Gates was kept on as Secretary of Defense. The bottom line is that the United States is run by people who are deeply entrenched in Big War, Big Banking and Big Oil.
Bob

Previous

Return to Who shot JFK, and why?