JFK THOUGHT THAT HITLER WAS A "LEGEND."

Knowing the truth about the Kennedy Assassination is understanding America today.

Moderators: kenmurray, dankbaar, Bob, Dealey Joe

JFK THOUGHT THAT HITLER WAS A "LEGEND."

Postby Bruce Patrick Brychek » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:28 pm

03.26.2017:

Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:

JFK's DIARY REVEALS FASCINATION WITH HITLER, COMPARED TO "LEGEND."
Published March 22, 2017 FoxNews.com

I was fascinated by what I read in this article.

1. JFK kept his own private diary.

2. JFK visited Hitler's Bombed Bavarian Berghof Residence, and Eagle's Nest Mountain Retreat.

3. JFK WAS A HEARST NEWSPAPER WAR CORRESPONDENT AT THE AGE OF 28.

4. JFK's Diary is Set to be Auctioned 04.26.2017 in Boston, Massachusetts by Ms. Deirdre Henderson who was JFK's Research Assistant when JFK was a Massachusetts Senator.

5. JFK was doing Historical Research at the age of 12 when he read CHURCHILL's MEMOIRS OF WORLD WAR I.

6. JFK THOUGHT THAT HITLER WAS A 'LEGEND."

A young John F. Kennedy filled dozens of pages in what historians believe to be his only diary. In one of the most interesting entries, Kennedy compares Adolf Hitler to a "legend."

After the fall of Nazi Germany in 1945, JFK visited Hitler’s bombed Bavarian Berghof residence and Eagle’s Nest mountain retreat.

After the visit, which was part of his German tour as a Hearst Newspaper War Correspondent, a 28-year-old Kennedy wrote about his fascination with the Dictator, who had just committed suicide four months prior to JFK’s visit.

“He had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a Mystery about him in the way he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him,” he wrote. “He had in him the stuff of which legends are made.”

Kennedy predicted in his diary that Hitler would “emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived.”

The diary is set to be auctioned on April 26 at RR Auction in Boston by Deirdre Henderson, who was JFK’s research assistant when he was a Massachusetts senator.

Kennedy gave Henderson the diary so that she would be informed about his views on foreign policy issues and national security. She addresses his thoughts on Hitler in the auction description.

“When JFK said that Hitler ‘had in him the stuff of which legends are made,’ he was speaking to the mystery surrounding him, not the evil he demonstrated to the world,” she says. “Nowhere in this diary, or in any of his writings, is there any indication of sympathy for Nazi crimes or cause.”

Henderson told People that Kennedy’s interest in Hitler’s legacy could be credited to his education and his lifelong interest in history. She says he was doing his historical research even at the age of 12, when he was reading Churchill’s memoirs of World War I.

“It’s the mystery surrounding Hitler – why did he do what he did? I don’t think anyone will ever know,” she said. “But JFK was analyzing it and saying Hitler was a legend – and Hitler is a legend. But he’s not a good legend. You can’t translate that as meaning he had admiration for him.”

She intends to auction the original manuscript in honor of what would have been Kennedy’s 100th birthday on May 29.

“It’s part of his legacy.”

As always, I recommend that you completely read, research, and study material on your own, then formulate your own Opinions and Thoughts.

Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?

Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researcher's who may not be as well versed as you.

Comments ?

Respectfully,
BB.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: JFK THOUGHT THAT HITLER WAS A "LEGEND."

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:05 pm

I share the same birthday as JFK, although I was born 40 years later than the 35th President of the United States. Call it astrology or call it what you want, but JFK and I have a number of things in common. For one, in college I majored in journalism and my two minors were history and political science. One of the courses I took was about Adolf Hitler and his impact on the world from 1933-1945.

JFK came from a political family. When he went to Germany in 1945, he was a war correspondent for Hearst Newspapers. But before that, let's not forget that JFK also served in the Navy in World War II from 1941-1945 where he won the Navy and Marine Corps Medal because of the PT-109 incident. In 1956, while he was a Senator from Massachusetts, JFK wrote Profiles in Courage, which won him a Pulitzer Prize in 1957, which coincidentally was the year I was born.

Like JFK, I enjoy writing. I often write about figures in history, although most of my articles have to do with sports. There are historical players who became bigger than the sport in which they played and there are also political leaders in history who became THE story in world events. Hitler was definitely one of those political figures.

I certainly never looked up to Hitler or admired him, but I was amazed at what he was able to accomplish for Germany, especially after the Treaty of Versailles in 1919 after World War I. After that treaty, in which Germany had to accept responsibility for starting the war, Germany had to pay massive economic reparations ($33 billion dollars), plus also saw the German military machine get drastically smaller. Troops were were reduced to 100,000 and the country was prevented from making major military armaments such as tanks, warships and submarines.

But in the short period of time once Hitler took power in 1933, Germany become a military power once again, plus the country itself was rebuilt with amazing infrastructure improvements.

The key point in gaining this power was the Reichstag Fire. I have written about that event many times here in the forum. Basically, in a nutshell, the Reichstag Fire gave Hitler unlimited power as the Führer. The power that Hitler gained led to the start of World War II. The cost of the war was horrific. It all began when Hitler ordered the invasion of Poland in 1939. Over 60 million people died in the war, both in Europe and the Pacific. And it wasn't just the battles which did all the killing, there were also all the war crimes and the concentration/slave labor camps being used. Finally, there was also the immoral use of genocide.

Bottom line, I see Hitler as a legendary figure like JFK said in his diary, but not as a great leader, but more so as leader who was corrupted by evil and the thirst for more power, no matter how many innocent lives might be affected.

I put Napoleon and Genghis Khan in the same category.

Finally, JFK's research assistant Deirdre Henderson said this talking about JFK's comments about Hitler being a legend:

“When JFK said that Hitler ‘had in him the stuff of which legends are made,’ he was speaking to the mystery surrounding him, not the evil he demonstrated to the world,” she says. “Nowhere in this diary, or in any of his writings, is there any indication of sympathy for Nazi crimes or cause.”

That mystery was one of the reasons I took a course to study Hitler. And to me, the mystery continues. Why? I believe Hitler did not commit suicide, but instead escaped and eventually got to Argentina. I wrote about that in a thread titled, Did Hitler Live and Escape to Argentina? Check out that thread for more information.
Bob

Postby JDB4JFK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:42 pm

Bruce and Bob great questions and research on this topic! Let me share with you what I have found in my research of Hitler and the Treaty Of Versailles!

First of all Germany was bankrupt after WWI do to the Treaty Of Versailles. They were order to pay back 132 billion Marks for war reparations, and that bankrupted them. So how did Hitler 14 years later build this unbelievable Army and war machine when part of the treaty stated they couldn't have an army of more than 100,000 men? Simple American money DuPont's, Ford, Rockefeller's, Rothschild's etc. They contributed to it because they wanted another world war!

Germany who was making payments on the reparations just up and quit paying them in 1932 and the United Nations or whomever was in charge of making them pay didn't enforce them to pay. In 1935 Hitler denounce the treaty and wanted Germany's territories that were also taken from them with the treaty.

In 1933 remember here in America we had a attempted coup by the same people listed above, Ford, DuPont, Rockefeller's, Bush, etc. If it wasn't for General Smedley Butler it would of happen. Also remember in that coup attempt the perpetrators wanted the USA to join Hitler, and Mussolini.

The important question nobody ask about Hitler is who made him the evil person he was? I mean someone had to make Frankenstein? The people listed above paid him and made him be evil because they wanted war their billion dollar industry. The "HIGH CABAL" that Churchill always talked about.

So we destroy Germany in World War I, go over and re-build them up, with American money, so they can start another World War II, and all they need is a mad man, a bogey man so to speak, and they fund him to do it and control the press to write bad things about him.

Also on the Treaty Of Versailles, do you know who two of the men were that were writing the policies that bankrupted Germany? How about none other than, John and Allen Dulles!!!
JDB4JFK

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:05 am

Excellent insight and information, JDB4JFK. You are spot on in your analysis. As you know, I have posted about the coup to overthrow FDR a number of times here in the forum. 1933 sure was quite a year for the fascists. They orchestrated the Reichstag Fire to give Hitler total control in Germany, plus they attempted to overthrow FDR to set up a fascist regime in the United States. As you say, thank God for Smedley Butler.

Even with Butler blowing the whistle on the coup, none of the members of the coup were ever brought to justice. Instead the folks you named, like Prescott Bush and Henry Ford, invested in and profited from the Hitler war machine. Bush was in fact charged with trading with the enemy in 1942 by the United States due to the dealings he and the Union Banking Corporation had with Hitler's Germany.

Ford was so well thought of by Hitler, that a portrait of Ford hung in Hitler's office.

So between the financing of United States businessmen/fascists and the power grab by Hitler after the Reichstag Fire, it is no wonder why Germany became a power so quickly. It didn't hurt that Germany also had some of the best scientists (see Operation Paperclip), engineers and architects in the world.

In terms of the Dulles brothers, it's amazing how often people of their ilk, will play both sides and get away with it. Allen Dulles played a key role in Operation Paperclip. Dulles was with the predecessor of the CIA, the OSS, when he helped to lead Operation Paperclip, which allowed over 1,500 German scientists, engineers and technicians into the United States in 1945.

Samuel Bush, father of Prescott, grandfather of Poppy and great-grandfather of Dumbya, was on the War Industries Board (better known as the “Merchants of Death.”) during WWI. Not only did he sell weapons to the allies during the Great War, but he also sold arms to the Germans, even after the United States entered the war.

But guess what happened? Most of the records and correspondence pertaining to Samuel Bush’s activities on the War Industries Board were later burned mysteriously, “to save space” in the National Archives. :shock: :oops:

Then you have the situation with how then VP Poppy Bush and the CIA went out of their way to arm and finance a couple of guys named Osama and Saddam in the 1980s. They were "friends" then, while Osama was helping to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan and while Saddam was waging war with Iran. But a few years later, both became "enemies" of the United States. But you know what? The cash register kept ringing for the CIA and the Military Industrial Complex in both cases.
Bob

Return to Who shot JFK, and why?